Tuesday 23 September 2008

It's been a while

...because I've been busy with construction projects, web development projects and of course trying out the new boats that we're now stocking, I'll add a few posts to the blog over the next few days showing all of the new boats and giving some feedback on how they've handled.


I'll start with the Scorpio, for a plastic boat, it's so fast!! It's incredibly stable, yet turns very quickly, has plenty of storage space and the deck hatch is a work of genius, no more deckbags cluttering up my deck!!


I found the outstretched leg position incredibly comfortable (I find sitting in my river kayak makes my hamstrings really tight). After paddling this I was hooked and couldn't wait to get my hands on it's slightly more refined older sister, the Cetus.


We paddled out from Moelfre, to Ynys Dulas (we only had a quick window to paddle, I had concrete to lay), stopped at the Island for a quick coffee and to provide the Seals with some entertainment, played on the overfalls briefly and then shot back to Moelfre. All in all a pleasant break from working and an opportunity to realise just how good the Scorpio really is!


Still it beats working for a living!!

No comments: